Saturday, December 5, 2009

Who else thought Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was absolutely fantastic.?

I recently saw it and was absolutely surprised at how great it was. Definitely one of the best romances I have seen.



Who else thought Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was absolutely fantastic.?concert venue



I thought it was heartbreakingly good. It was weird and original, interesting to watch as the memories unspool, but also really touching in its depiction of the end of a relationship. When you break up with someone, all you remember at first is the bad stuff, but then when you think about the moments when you first fell in love, you're sorry it's over - the whole movie is a really lovely metaphor for that experience.



Who else thought Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was absolutely fantastic.?events opera theater



I loved it. It's one of my favorite romances (and certainly one of the most original).



If you know how a relationship will end, would you go through with it anyway? It's a great reaffirmation that a relationship can be valuable and important even if it doesn't last forever. We shouldn't look at our past relationships as "mistakes" that we wish we could wipe off the slate.



Anyway, I loved it, and I still tear up when they say goodbye at the beachhouse.
Perhaps not absolutely fantastic, but an excellent film that never confused the audience member, even though you felt for the leads
I did! I love that movie.



It's definitely one of my favorite movies of all time. I purchased it after borrowing my friend's DVD to watch it.



Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey were fantastic. I thought it was interesting that Jim Carrey was the one who was reserved and Winslet the one who was crazy...kind of reverse roles for them.
I found it annoying and misguided. Jim Carrey should stick to slapstick and impressions, its what he is good at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp